raise-d³ BETA auf Thingiverse veröffentlicht

Da er nun schon längere Zeit am Käfig rüttelt, konnte ich nichts anderes tun als zumindest  die beta Version von meiner prusa I3 Interpretation in die Wildnis zu entlassen.

Meinen erhabensten Dank an folgende Vorreiter und Supporter:

  • Das RepRap Projekt (Die Basis)
  • Marlin Firmware Creators
  • Josef Prusa (I3 und Vorläufer)
  • Gina Häußge (Octoprint)
  • E3D
  • Ryan Ted Zellar (Ohne die MPCNC wäre ich nicht auf die Idee gekommen mir eine Fräse zu bauen)
  • Micha S.
  • gafu
  • Thomas Sanladerer (Motivation und Knowledge)
  • u.v.m

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2655471

Dokumentation etc. auf https://raise-uav.com/projekte/raise-three-d/ oder im Git repo (latest) hier

 

 

Desklamp “century” part 2

I did finish the first “century” lamp just in time for christmas. The base is very close to the CAD design, thanks to the excellent work of a friend and his lathe. The apple wood turned quite dark, alltough I used a clear finish. The lampshade printed from natural PLA gave it an almost glass like appearance. I´m currently refitting the MPCNC with an extruder so I may be able to print the more complex lampshades soon as my Hobbyking Fabrikator is just a bit too small for the task. I´m pretty happy with the result so far. Now I have to dive deeper into aluminum milling to get it a little more stiff.

 

Desklamp “century”

It has been a while since the last post and the reason for that is the design and manufacturing of a desk lamp. The initial design differs from the final product as the whole process has been simplified a little. I gathered materials for three of them so the first one will serve as a production test to find out if everything fits. Once finished I am going to include the finer details.

Centuries desk lamp

The pedestal is a 3D cnc piece made from walnut here. It has been changed to a more simple round apple wood base with a 10mm phase cut with a bandsaw. Since the apple wood has a real nice grain I like it even more by now. I made three of them and one is probably going to be machined on a lathe by a friend to get closer to the intended design.

Desk lamp parts

The switch case mounted in front is going to be replaced by an inline switch, this also eases up the amount of needed prints. The joint for the arms above has been redesigned and is now clamping instead of a bolt through design with three possible positions. I have not tested yet if the clamp produces enough force to hold the arms and the lampshade with all the components. I hope this works out well.

desk lmap arm clamp and joint

The arms should be made out of aluminium and I found some nice bars I can make them of. The first step will be to mill them out of some old wood planks I got. That is a good test to see if the dimensions of the parts work together well from a design perspective. The final arms are then milled as intended when the design is validated.

The lampshade is 3D printed and adapted to a regular E14 lamp socket. The threads came out usable on first try and I will keep those first parts.

desk lamp lampshade

The project was started in july and was delayed because I had to build the MPCNC first but I´m almost finished by now. Pedestal and arms need to be cnced and some of the knobs are left to be printed.